Friday, December 24, 2010

The Black Swan!!!



This movie was not necessarily what I expected (the girl on girl scene kind on threw me for a loop, and was also awkward with my mother and GRANDFATHER sitting near me).


 But, the movie was definitely creepy (which I had hoped for) and the ballet dancing was really stunning.  Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis are great in this film as well, I would recommend going to see it, unless you aren't into craziness or creepiness.

But most importantly, the makeup and costume that Natalie Portman wore both for the white swan and the black swan was gorgeous!  So, I thought it would be fun to interpret her eye makeup looks into something more wearable.


The white swan: what Natalie Portman's character, Nina, can play effortlessly-fragile, meek, and innocent.  




All you Need:


-Eyelash Curler


-Eyeshadow Brush- like this from TheBalm


-Mascara


-Silver Eyeshadow- like Bareminerals High Shine eye color in frost or Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow singles in silver lining


-Brown eyeshadow- Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles in Nutmeg is great


-highlighter like Benefit's High Beam or a bone colored shadow like Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Universal Beige 08


1. Start off with the 5 Minute Face.  This will give you a nice base for your eye makeup to shine.




2.  Add on the silver shadow. Use your eyeshadow brush and apply from lash line to lid, and the inner corners of your eyes as well.




3. After you've applied the silver shadow, use the chocolate eyeshadow along the crease of your eye.




4. Now, apply some highlighter to underneath your browbone.




5. Add an extra coat of mascara...




and voila!




Well aren't you looking mighty angelic?






And now the Black Swan... the character Nina struggles to become.  She's evil, mysterious, and seductive.  


How AMAZING is that makeup below?




All I can think about when I see her beautiful makeup is the smokey eye!  Gah, I love.
 This look works on all skin tones; I don't think that it overpowers fair skin, I just think it looks really striking.


All You Need:


-eyelash curler


-mascara


-eyeshadow brush 


-q tip


-silver eyeshadow- this kit from Makeup Forever contains silver eyeshadow, black eyeshadow, a nude eyeshadow, and a bone colored eyeshadow for highlighter- so you could have all the colors you need in one!)


-black eyeliner- like this creamy one from Bareminerals that is really smudge able 


-black eyeshadow like Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Shadow in Must Have 06


-highlighter or bone colored shadow 




1. Start with the 5 minute face




2. Apply liner to your upper and lower lashline.  Once again, creamy liner is the best!





3. Then, smudge the liner with a q tip



4. Apply the black shadow into the crease of your eyelid. 







5. Apply highlighter underneath the brow bone




BADA BING BADA BOOM!




Then, I was wondering if I should apply the berry lip. I figured that it would be too much though, with that smokey eye and all.






But I decided what the hell it won't hurt to try.






The berry lip and the smokey eye are definitely too much for everyday, however, you would look lovely if you were performing on stage or going to a gala of some sort!




Hey!  I just realized...I kind of look like Jessica Stam in this photo.




Also, I just decorated cookies today and ate about a cup of cream cheese icing.  Terrible, terrible idea.

No comments: