Monday, March 28, 2011

It was Ms. Scarlett, in the bedroom, with a pipe

And this is how her lips looked when she committed the crime!

All you need:

Red Lip Liner- I used Nars Velvet Lip Pencil in Cruella (I found it! I found it! I found it under my desk while rearranging my room! Are you confused?  You could read this and this and maybe it will help ya.)

Red Lipstick of the same/similar color- like Jemma Kidd Classic Couture Lip Color in Siren.

A Kleenex!

Translucent Powder- Or if you have any powder on hand like Mineral Power by Maybelline

A makeup brush to apply the powder with- like Ecotools Recyclable Retractable Kabuki Brush


1. Outline your lips with ze liner.


2. Fill in those lippies with the liner


Ho dang!

3. Apply the lipstick over the liner. 


4. Now here goes the money shot that makes this how-to worth while...blot cho dang lips!  Grandmas across the nation are really onto something here.



5. Then, put a kleenex over your lips a-la SARS mask.  Dip your brush in powder and sweep this over your pout.  The absorbancizimic (I'm proud of that made up word) quality of the kleenex and the powder will help take away the lipstick that rubs off easily.

 like onto other people's shirts when you hug them!
 Do you tell people when that happens?  I mean its quite awkward.





6. While you're at it, just put another coat on for good measure.


7.  Blot that baby again.  Now you have 3 layers of red goodness that will last for longtime!


Work it, Miss Scarlet.






No comments: