Friday, July 1, 2011

The Wedding!

Hey everyone!
Long time no write, eh?
My apologies kiddos.
So, this past weekend I went to Savannah for Emma's wedding.
Where the people pronounce Savannah SUH VAN UH.


When we arrived in Georgia, at oh 2 in the morning, Emma casually informed me that I would be doing her makeup for the wedding.
WHAT?! I thought that being in charge of the makeup had just meant the bridesmaids (I mean obviously I was flattered yet terrified.)
The bride?
Wants me to do her makeup?
To work on the canvas that is her face when she walks down the aisle?
The face she presents when first pronounced as wife?
The face that will be in pictures for all eternity (Maybe she will have kids that will point out the shade between her face and neck is different?!)


Needless to say, it was my most monumental makeup feat to date. I know Emma doesn't normally wear makeup, so I didn't want to stray too far from her comfort zone. But I also wanted to make her feel like the bride and have a little pizzaz, so I focused on fresh skin and neutrals on the eyes and lips.

I used:

Tools


-Tarte eyelash curler

- A variation of Sonia Kashuk and Eco Tools Brushes

Face


- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

-Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder

-Make up for ever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

-Physician's Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in Blushing Peach

-Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in Faux Tan

-Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil

-Benefit High Beam

-Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

Eyes


-Maybelline Unstoppable Waterproof Eyeliner in Espresso

-The eyeshadows in Sonia Kashuk's Spring Awakenings Face Palette

-Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara

Lips


-Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Demure

-Ole Henrikson Fresh Lips



I did my second mother's (aka mother of the bride, also mobster- Mother Of Bride- get it?!) makeup as well; and she special requested a makeup list of what I used on her from from the big day, so here it is!

Face

-The brushes and eyelash curlers as mentioned above that I cleaned with Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner in between uses.






Eyes




Lips



And now!  Pictures from the festivities!

{disclaimer: I am not naturally this tan. My Tan Towel skepticism proved to be wrong! The color it gives is great!}

 Bachelorette Party Dinner at the Melting Pot



Rehearsal Dinner



 Wedding Day!
Where we got ready.














!!!

Love looks good on these two!  Congratulations to them on finding what makes life's journey worthwhile. I miss everyone so much already.

And I hope you lovely readers have a fantastical July 4th weekend.

Go make shapes in the dark sky with sparklers, it's fun.


No comments: