Saturday, March 19, 2011

Like a Sea Nymph!



So I have these earrings.


And I am a big fan of these Urban Outfitters beauties- they remind me of some glamourous sea nymph that lives somewhere warm and delightful.
Ah, if only I could be her.


And so she inspired my eye makeup for today.

All you need:

-Mascara- I used my good ole trusty Covergirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Mascara for this one.

-Eyelash Curler-Tarte!

-Liquid Liner- Wet 'N Wild H2O proof

-Eyeshadow Brush- Try this one from Eco Tools



-A sea nymphie colored eyeshadow- (like how specific that was?  What I'm trying to say is like a seafoam green/aqua) like Rimmel London Glam'Eyes Quad in Bold Behaviour (love that spelling across the pond)


-bronze shadow- Sephora Colorful Mono Shadow in Lucky Penny 54 (psst it's on sale!)






1. Curl your eyelashes and put on a light coat of mascara.  You readers know the drill.


With your eyeliner brush, line your upper and lower lids with bronze shadow.  It doesn't have to be perfectly lined, we are going for the smudgy sultry look here.









Sometimes I just feel so awkward and bored taking all of these pictures of myself.  So I make weird faces to keep it interesting.




2. Take your bronze liner and run it along your lower lid, and wing it out as fun as your nymphie- channeling-self is feeling.



Your eyes should look something like this so far:
Doing well?
I figured.


3. Take your eyeliner brush and apply your nymphie color over your bronze on the top lid.


4. On your bottom lid, apply the nymphie color underneath the bronze color so both colors are showing separately, as opposed to the hybrid color you would have created by applying one over the other as mentioned in step 3.



5. Apply liquid liner to the inner rim of your lower lid.  It adds a little more attention and pazazz to your eyes.



6. With your eyeshadow brush, apply the nymphie color to your lid, from lash line to crease.



7. Apply highlighter to your brow bone, inner corners of your eyes, and on your cheekbones.  For the whole spiel on highlighter click here

8. Apply another coat of mascara






Even if you didn't do the look completely like I did- I bet you still look really saucy.
As a matter of fact, I hope you all take your own interpretations of these how-tos and just make them your own.  That's the fun of makeup.


Hope you all have great plans for the weekend.  
I JUST BOUGHT A LILAC LIPSTICK AND CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR IT.

No comments: