Friday, April 22, 2011

Makeup Artist Dress

I was perusing good ole  Modcloth today during my I-have-stuff-to-do-but-it-can-wait-til-tomorrow-even-though-ill-be-pissed-at-myself time.

And if you all haven't visited Modcloth, do!  I'm obsessed.  They put new clothes up daily so it's a constant and effective procrastination tool.

Today I saw a dress.  It was a beautiful dress.  A Herve Leger-esque dress.  A "Makeup Artist Dress".


 The description of the Makeup Artist Dress made me almost want to buy it; I began to picture myself as the girl in the description, all famous and jet-setter-y.  I would be laughing and saying, "Oh, this old thing?" to all the people that would compliment me.  I would do every client's makeup flawlessly as I pranced around the globe making others feel beautiful while working The Makeup Artist Dress effortlessly.


Apparently during this aspirational daydream I completely disregarded the fact that I am 5'10 and have large hips that would not cooperate with the length nor style of this dress.






But nonetheless, how adorable is this description:

The key leader behind a collaborative beauty blog, your end of the fashion industry is all about amplifying the effect of the garments featured. Your favorite type of shoot is one in which you're consulted to develop overall looks by way of your decade-centric application skills! Delighted to take on that task today, you dress chic in this pink powder, plum, and coconut dress with a cropped, denim jacket, wedges, and silver jewelry to show that although cosmetics may be your profession of choice, you still know how to rock fresh fashion! Featuring ribbed stripes of various widths, crisscrossed detailing across its chest, and a body-contouring cut, this sexy dress will wow your colleagues more than that infamous smoky eye you're known for!

And although I do not plan on buying that clingmaster of a dress, I did feel inspired to create a little somethin' saucy for the eyes out of it!


All you need:


Mascara- Like Buxom Buxom Lash Mascara (can't get enough of this stuff!  Definitely my new favorite.)


Eyelash Curler- like from Tarte


Angled Eyeshadow Brush- like from Bare Escentuals


Eyeliner Brush- like from Eco Tools


Shimmery ivory shadow- like Almay Pure Blends Eyeshadow in Ivory 


Purple Shadow- like Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Psychedelic Sister


Plum Shadow- like L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eyeshadow single in 510 Plum Royale








1. Curl and mascaraify your lashes






2. Apply the shimmery ivory shadow from lash line to crease






3. Apply the purple shadow along the crease of your eyelid









4. Then, work the plum into the outer corners of your crease.






5. Use the same plum shadow on your lower lash line, working from the outer corner inward and making the liner thinner as you go (I'm not using a liner brush in this photo because I lent it to someone, but an angled eyeshadow brush can work too if you're feeling up to a little challenge).






6. Use the ivory shadow on your browbone.










Enjoy this weekend, whatever celebrations you may have planned, and
eat lots of chocolate and peeps from the microwave.






No comments: