Thursday, March 3, 2011

If ya got it, flaunt it! If you don't, use makeup

What do all of these people have in common?




















They all have perfect hair?
Perfect teeth?
Bad body odor?
Are all my friends?


No, and a bolded no to the last one.


They all have great bone structure!


And I am very jealous of good bone structure.  Especially good jaws.  I have inherited this trait from my father ya see. I dub it the curse of the McGuire double chin, because even if I weighed 70 pounds, that good ole gobbler would still be there loud and proud.


So if you can't beat it, use makeup.  And flaunt what you do have, most importantly.


By highlighting strategic parts of the face and using darker shades on others, you are able to draw the eye to certain parts of the face, creating a contour like you want.  Mwahahahha.  I laugh at you, double chin!




All you need:


-Bronzer- not one that is too shimmery or glittery, God forbid you replicate my discoball-esque experiment with powder as a child.


Powder Brush-per usual


Highlighter-I used Benefit High Beam.  I'm obsessed with this stuff, and a little goes a long way.  If you don't want to buy the full size, they also have a to-go version which is less than half price of the full size.


Blush-You cannot go wrong with Nars Orgasm





With bronzer, I use the rule of threes.  As in, you're bascially making a three, from your forehead, down to below your cheekbone, to your jawline.


  Blend the bronzer onto the forehead...


then, down below and under your cheekbones... 


and also near your jawline.



Now, smile really big and obnoxiously.  This puffy part of your cheeks is called the 'apple'.



Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks 



Now, apply highlighter under the brow bone, on the inner corners of your eyelids, and on top of your cheekbones. 



Now, blendblendblend




And voila!




Bamslamjam you're looking really radiant and sculpted there!  Something we all could use at this time of year where you don't even want to say the weather is nice outside because it will turn on you in a split second into angry snow just to spite you!

I also would like you guys to know that I'm slowly but surely working on making my blog look slightly more legitimate and not like my 7th grade Livejournal.  It's not like that's super important to the content of my blog or anything but I just felt like saying it.  I don't know why.  It's 1:30 in the morgen.

I tried to change my main photo, but after manymanymany tries I decided that I couldn't.  The original picture is here to stay but I thought it would be funny to post the outtakes.






Like, whaaat?

A mascara moustache, I know, I know.  But it's the soul patch that really does it in.

No comments: