Saturday, March 5, 2011

For the part between here and there.

This is me and my best friend Maggie























I can't wait to see one of my favorite people in the whole wide world tomorrow.
She's worth getting up supadedupa early for to catch an early plane.

And speaking of planes...

I love to travel, sososososo much.
The only qualm I have about it is that I tend to feel icky when I travel for long periods of time.
For instance, last weekend's 11 hour Amtrak ride.  Gross.  
I felt like someone literally could have fried some sort of breakfast meat on my head by the end of that journey.

While en route to somewhere, there are some beauty items you can carry along to make the traveling process go along painlessly!  Except for the incompetent people at the help desk.  That I'm afraid I can't help you with.

1. Water. Hydrate hydrate hydrate.  I know it's kind of a given but it's quite an awful thing to feel frazzled and tired.  But dehydrated?!  Whole notha story.

2. Hand Lotion.  I cannot tell you how many times my poor crusty crust hands have been in need of this on a plane or train or bus or what have you.  It's quite a strange request to ask an employee for a dab o cream, so just carry a travel friendly size on hand (pun intended)!  I love hand cream by L'Occitane.


3. Some sort of lip ointment is in need here guys.  Not just for traveling, but like always.  You should just have some. 

Smith's Rosebud Salve does the job oh so well


As does good ole trusty Chapstick





4. Facial Cleansing Pads-for an overnight trip.  If you go to sleep with makeup on your face you will just feel so....gucky.  When you have an easy way to remove your makeup, at least on the oily parts, you're saving yourself a whole lot of face guck when you awaken.



5. Baby Powder.  Whoaa baby does this stuff soak up grease better than an oreck vacuum sucks up dust (clever, I know).  Just put a little bit on your hands, rub them together, massage into roots, and crisco hair no more!


6. Concealer. A dab whenever needed will keep the under eye  circles at bay.  Also good for stress zits you may acquire while dealing with incompetent help desk people.



7. A little something snazzy to put a pep in your step.  However, don't bring this in a carry on while traveling by plane. Explosion!




Ho crap, my hands are dry and I have to wake up in four hours.  

 Apologies in advance for my slacking blogging habits this week, cause you know, I'll be doin the friend thing.  


Have a good weekend! 


No comments: