Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Drugstore Favorites Part 1

     I have come to a realization:  Not everyone loves makeup as much as me.
I'm sure some of you would rather rub a cherry popsicle across your lips than buy a $25 lipstick.
And I don't blame you, popsicle-lipstick-wearer.  There's a lot of things I wouldn't want to spend a ton of money on either.
And why should good makeup have to be expensive?  Expressing the look you want shouldn't be a luxury.
So, I've compiled my own personal beauty awards for my favorite products in the drugstore world.


My personal award winners:




Best Liquid Foundation:


Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation




Why? Great coverage, blends easily, doesn't feel heavy, 16 shades to choose from, and it's mineral based!  So its better for your skin.




Best Powder Foundation:








Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Illuminating Powder Duo


Why? There's two different shades of powder in one...so as your skin tone changes with the seasons (or the amount of fake tanner you apply) you can adjust the mixture to match your color.  And, it has SPF 16!






Best Waterproof Mascara:






Covergirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara


Why? The brush on this mascara is awesome!  It provides great lash separation, and since it's waterproof,  it will hold a curl and withstand tears or a water gun fight.




Best Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara









Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions Washables


Why?  The base gives your lashes a coating to make your lashes look lush and lengthen them.  Then the mascara gives you additional length and volume. Poifect!




Best Liner


Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner


Why? This liner is "mmm, creamy" (I hope you all caught the Old Greg reference there). It's super blendable, and it's rich in pigment.  Everything I love in a liner!




Best Liquid Liner








Wet 'N' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner


Why? It's the best liquid liner I've ever tried, and for the price, you should buy one in every color!  Won't come off until you use makeup remover.  The felt tip is also great for applying a line as thick or as thin as you'd like.




More drugstore favorites to come soon!


Has anyone else already broken their New Year's Resolution?













No comments: