Thursday, November 11, 2010

...Hence the name of my blog

Eyelashes are one of the first things I look at when I first meet a person.


Usually, I look at them in envy, because mine are blonde, relatively short, and straight.
Since wearing fake eyelashes all the time is not a super realistic solution for me, I try to make the most of my little lashies. 

Cue the lifesavers!




I have tried a lot of eyelash curlers in the past, but I've finally found my favorite in the Shu Umera brand eyelash curler.  I've had it for about two years now, and it still works like a champ!

Yes, it may be a bit of an investment, but it's definitely worth it.  Not only does it curl your eyelashes like a dream, but curling your eyelashes opens up your eye, allowing everyone notice your beautiful peepers even more:)

Don't be afraid of eyelash curlers! This tutorial from Sephora will hopefully help you get over any qualms you may have.

After I finally find my invisible eyelashes and curl them, I use Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara.  Not only is it readily available at basically every drugstore, but it's very reasonably priced as far as good mascaras go.

The main reason I love this particular mascara is because of the wand it includes.  It's big, spikey, and allows for really great lash separation.  And in my case, every little lash I can scrounge up counts.

Also, the waterproof aspect is great for girls who have really straight lashes like myself, who are often in the water, or who just happen to cry a lot.  Waterproof mascara holds lashes in place, so if you've just curled the beauts, then applying waterproof mascara right after will hold the curl better than a normal mascara.

(Tip! How the mascara wand appears is how it will make your lashes look.  For example, a mascara with a big, fluffy wand such as Diorshow will give you lush and thick lashes, while this bareminerals wand will give you more separation and definition.)

Also....when applying your mascara if you wiggle the wand a little bit at the base of your eyelashes, it will deposit more mascara, making your lashes appear thicker!

Good luck trying this out, it isn't difficult at all once you practice a few times.  

Also, I'm going out tonight with the wonderful suite mates...which means smokey eyes! 







Oooh la la.

No comments: