Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When your rug is very comfortable

Have I ever introduced you all to Oscar?

Everyone, Oscar.  Oscar, everyone.





He is my little 5x3 green oasis in the middle of my poorly lit dorm room.

I sprawl out and bask in his fluffy shaggy goodness when I'm feeling the need of his support.

Today, I had no homework.  That's as rare as finding as the Willy Wonka golden ticket or something!

So, I was thinking yeah I'll do a blog post...Oscar hit me with some inspiration!



And as I sat there on him I saw my blue brocade skirt popping out from my friggen over flowing stuffed dresser (see right of picture above).


And boom!  Makeup inspiration.




I love how the brocade skirt has an opalescent quality to it, as the coloring of the skirt shifts from a midnight blue to a lighter blue depending on the lighting.  So I got to thinking, why don't I show that gradation with some eyeshadow...


All You Need:


Mascara- I used Laura Mercier Full Blown Lash Building Mascara.  


Eyelash Curler- Tarte...but you guys already knew that one.


Eye Brushes- I used an eyeliner brush and a flat tip brush from Ecotools.


Silver shadow- like L'Oreal Infinite Single Eyeshadow, Pure or Sephora Colorful Mono Shadow in Made in Manhattan 55 (on sale for $6-hollah!)


Black Shadow- In Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Shadow in Must Have 06


Dark Blue Shadow- Like L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments in Striving


Light Blue Shadow- Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Singles in Blue Blazes


1. Curl and mascara the lashies.




2. Next, apply the light blue shadow with your flat tip brush from lash line to crease.








3.  Apply the dark blue shadow starting at the inner corner of your eye and gradually fade it out into the lighter color (about halfway across your lid)




4. Next, take your liner brush and dampen it with some water.  Then, dip the brush in the darker blue shadow and line your lower lashes from the outer corner, and fade it into the inner corner.











5. Take your silver shadow and apply it to the outer corner of your eyelids, blending it out towards your temples.




6. Take the black shadow and apply it to the inner corners of your eyes, blending it into the darker blue.



 Wah pow!





Happy Monday!  
Why is Baja Boys 'Who Let the Dogs Out' stuck in my head?  I think I need to go pay Oscar a visit.

No comments: