Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Sulfate Monsta!

I'm here to warn you all about a wolf in sheep's clothing.
It smells good, it lathers nicely, it may have a cool soundtrack to it's commercial.
Maybe it moisturizes, maybe it voluminizes, maybe it's a two in one shampoo-conditioner combo.

But if the list on the back of your shampoo bottle states sulfate as an ingredient, say goodbye to it!

"But my conditioner has quiz questions about random things on the back of it, and I have to buy the shampoo to know the answer!"
"But I've been using mine since I was a child!"
"But I like how mine smells like a tropical island!"

But sulfate is not only bad for hair, but its also bad for the environment.

Sulfate strips the crikey out of your hair, and leaves it dry, like what happens to your nose when you blow it too much.  Like your lips with windburn.  Like cleaning your skin with a brillo pad.Get what I'm a-sayin?

It's used in engine degreaser.

Luckily, there are a lot of wonderful shampoos out there that are free of the sulfate monsta.
Like...












Do yourself and your hair and your planet a favor?  Don't buy that sulfate shiz. 

Kloveyouguys bye.

No comments: